Effective Date: January 2017
Who We Are
Thrival World Academies (“Thrival”) is a network of study abroad public high schools that seeks to provide students from underserved communities access to personalized and culturally immersive education abroad.
How We Collect and Use Personal Information
We collect Personal Information through our Services. There are two categories of information that we collect through the Services:
- Information You Provide
We collect Personal Information you provide, for example when you enter the information into form fields on our Services. We may collect:
- your contact information, such as your name, email address and phone number, which we use to communicate with you and respond to your requests and inquiries;
- your communication preferences, which we use to manage how we engage with you; and
- the inquiries you make, including the content of your voice messages and email messages, which we use to respond to your inquiries.
- Information Collected Automatically
These technologies include the following:
- Logging Functionality: As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating systems, date/time stamp and/or clickstream data. We generally only use this data for purposes such as security, fraud detection and protecting our rights.
Most internet browsers allow you to remove or manage cookie functions and adjust your privacy and security preferences. For information on how to do this, access the “help” menu on your internet browser or visit http://www.aboutcookies.org/how-to-control-cookies/. Please note, however, that disabling our cookies may result in your inability to take full advantage of all the features of our Services. To manage Flash cookies, please visit Adobe’s website.
- Analytics: We use analytics provides such as Google Analytics to help us evaluate and measure the use and performance of our Services. To opt out of the aggregation and analysis of the data collected about you on our Services by Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and download and install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Additional Uses of Personal Information
In addition to the uses described above, we may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Operating our organization, delivering our Services and for any other lawful, legitimate purpose;
- Contacting you to respond to your requests and inquiries;
- Preventing, investigating or providing notice of fraud, unlawful or criminal activity, or unauthorized access to or use of Personal Information, our website or data systems or to meet legal obligations; and
- Enforcing our Terms of Service and other agreements.
How We Share and Disclose Personal Information
Service Providers: We may share your Personal Information with third party service providers who perform services on our behalf for your benefit, such as analytics or services associated with responding to your requests.
Legal Process, Safety and Terms Enforcement: We may disclose your Personal Information to legal or government regulatory authorities in response to their requests for such information or to assist in investigations. We may also disclose your Personal Information to third parties in connection with claims, disputes or litigation, when otherwise required by law, if we determine its disclosure is necessary to protect the safety of you or us or to enforce our legal rights or contractual commitments that you have made.
Business Transfers: Your Personal Information may be disclosed as a part of a transaction, such as a merger with another organization, and could be transferred to a third party as one of the assets in such a transaction. It may also be disclosed in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership. You will be notified via email and/or prominent notice on any affected website of any change in ownership or uses of Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information.
Our Services are not directed to, and we do not intend to, or knowingly, collect or solicit Personal Information online from children under the age of 13. We encourage parents or guardians to participate in and monitor their children’s online activity. If a child under 13 has provided Personal Information to use, we encourage the child’s parent or guardian to contact us as provided below to request that we remove the Personal Information from our systems. If you are under the age of 13, do not provide us with any Personal Information by any means.
How to Access or Update Your Information
Links to Other Websites and Mobile Applications
How to Contact Us
Mailing Address: 367 Newton Avenue Oakland, CA 94606
Email Address: email@example.com
Phone Number: (510) 543-1693