Thrival Academy: Indy Family and Programs Coordinator
Thrival Academy: Indy is a study abroad one-year public high school which combines blended learning strategies with cultural immersion in order to incubate young, globally-minded community leaders.
Help launch and grow a new and innovative school model in Indy!
Thrival Academy: Indy is hiring for staff for our founding year as an Innovation Network School in IPS in 2018-2019. We are looking for dedicated, experienced educators who are interested in a radically new educational model that includes global education through study abroad. TheFamily and Programs Coordinator is responsible for managing school administrative duties as well as community outreach and engagement for current and future students and their families.
- Plans and facilitates student recruitment and retention activities
- Tracks stakeholder survey data
- Plans and facilitates monthly family meetings
- Organizes public exhibitions of learning and manages invitations and guest lists
- Organizes send-off celebration and manages invitations and guest lists
- Organizes welcome back celebration and manages invitations and guest lists
- Manages and maintains student enrollment paperwork
- Manages district reporting administrative duties
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor
- Proficiency in G-Suite applications (Google Calendar/Drive/Docs/Slides/Sheets)
- Proven experience engaging with school communities and families
- Experience planning and organizing events
- Excellent time-management skills and ability to prioritize work
- Experience working with diverse populations of students and families
- Willingness to work nonstandard hours and occasional weekends
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with community partners and vendors
- Ability to articulate the mission and vision of Thrival Academy: Indy
- High school diploma or the equivalent
- Spanish language fluency strongly preferred
- Embodies the mission, vision and values of Thrival World Academies
- Committed, in belief and action, to equity, diversity, and public education, with a strong social justice and culturally responsive youth development mindsets
- Committed, in belief and action, to the Thrival World Academies educational model (i.e. global education; immersive, real world learning; project-based learning; personalized instruction)
- Displays flexibility in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment of changing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Empathetic, thoughtful, respectful, and responsive to the Indianapolis community
- Self-motivated and able to take initiative
- A responsive and adaptive team player; unbound by formal titles and willing to roll up sleeves to ensure student (and staff!) needs are met, particularly during the international portion of the year
- Entrepreneurial mindset- willingness to be flexible and resourceful
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience
We are seeking a creative, passionate community member to help launch this innovative new program. We are an equal opportunity employer and we strive for our team to reflect that diversity of the communities that we work with. As a school serving the Indy community, we particularly welcome applications from Indianapolis natives. To apply, send your resume and a letter of introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also describe how you learned about the position and include contact information for 3 references.
We are strongly committed to hiring a multicultural staff that is diverse in terms of race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status and/or disability. In particular, we seek to employ a staff that reflects the diversity of our student body. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).